Node.js Client for VMware Tanzu™ GemFire® 2.0 Release Notes
- Node.js Client for Tanzu GemFire is based on Node.js 10.16.3.
- Node.js Client for Tanzu GemFire is based on the Native Client 10.0 C++ API
Node.js Client for Tanzu GemFire supports the following features:
- Connectivity to servers
- Put & get
- Basic queries
- TLS/SSL support
- Register interest for all keys
Features not yet implemented include:
- Continuous queries
- On the server, the pdx
read-serializedproperty must be
For Node.js applications running against Pivotal Platform deployments using PCC:
- Node.js applications must use one-way SSL to communicate with the servers; two-way SSL is not an option.
- In PCC v1.10, the checkbox for “Enable Secure Service Instance Credentials” must be unchecked.
Release Date: June 22, 2020
- Keys declared as a
numbertype that have an exact integer representation are delivered to cluster servers and will reside on the cluster servers as type
long, which is a 64-bit integer representation.
Known Issue for v2.0.0
number type for an entry key may lead to unexpected behavior.
number has a double precision floating point representation,
which has implications when the desired key type is an integer.
The interoperability of region operations will be an issue with
apps written in other programming languages.